DM874: Microservices and DevOps
The course cannot be followed by students who have passed DM848.
The contents of DM550 Introduction to Programming, DM563 Concurrent Programming, DM510 Operating System, DM557 Network and Security must be known.
- developing skills in programming scalable system based on message exchanges
- developing skills in analysing advantages and disadvantages of different approaches for scalability
- developing skills in deciding and justifying professional decisions
- giving the competence to identify one's own needs for learning and structure one's own learning in different learning environments
Expected learning outcome
- detect and describe the main characteristics and structures of microservice system and DevOps pipelines
- develop simple microservice systems using a DevOps pipeline
- solve non-trivial programming tasks in a distributed setting
- estimate possible language or tool related pitfalls for message based distributed systems
- Microservice Programming and Languages
- DevOps Pipeline and tools
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Modern Software Engineering approaches to build on scale
Prerequisites for participating in the exam a)
Presentation and Peer Feedback
Presentation related to a set of DevOps tools or a scientific paper relevant for the topics of the course. Peer feedback evaluation of most of the other students' presentations.
The prerequisite examination is a prerequisite for participation in exam element a).
Exam element a)
|Type||Prerequisite name||Prerequisite course|
|Examination part||Prerequisites for participating in the exam a)||N340046101, DM874: Microservices and DevOps|
The final project can be either a software project (including code and a written report) or a paper covering aspects of microservices and DevOps with an oral or written discussion.
The project form is determined by the teacher at the start of the course and is the same for all students who follow the course in the same semester.
The examination form for re-examination may be different from the exam form at the regular exam.