Introduction to Globalization
Responsible study board
Date of Approval
Aim and purpose
- Global systems (political, economic, cultural)
- The interdependence of politics, economy and culture in a global world
- Globalization and its historical legacy
- Global networks, connections and flows
- Globalization and localization
- Globalization in developed and developing economies.
Description of outcome - Knowledge
- Describe and relate key economic, political and cultural aspects of globalization processes
- Describe, explain and exemplify basic interdependencies between political, economic and cultural aspects of globalization processes
- Describe the historical trajectories of globalization processes and relate these to various perspective upon globalization
- Discuss and analyze political, economic and cultural aspects of globalization with reference to contemporary society
Description of outcome - Skills
- Describe and analyze the mutual constitution of globalization and localization in specific real-world cases and examples
- Interpret statistical and diagrammatical representations commonly used in analyses of globalisation processes
- Interpret material and symbolic representations of globalization processes
Description of outcome - Competences
- Be able to write academic papers corresponding to the expected ethic standards of the university in terms of structuring, referencing and respect for others' work.
2 hours weekly in 13 weeks (weeks 36-49) lectures.
2 hours weekly tutorial hours (weeks 37- 39, 46-48).
Form of examination
Semester project report.
For the reexam, a revised report can be handed in. In some cases, the examiner might suggest that the subject is changed.
|Fall 2019||Optional||Tilvalg i Marketing, Branding og Kommunikation||Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Economics and Business Administration | Esbjerg, Soenderborg, Slagelse, Odense, Kolding|
|Fall 2019||Mandatory||BSc Market and Management Anthropology - Year 2018||BSc in Market and Management Anthropology | Bachelor of Science in Market and Management Anthropology | Odense||1||Fall 2019||Exchange students|
|Mathias Sosnowski Krabbefirstname.lastname@example.org||Odense|
|Caroline Josefine Hirseemail@example.com||Odense|