Management of Technology
Responsible study board
Date of Approval
|Marianne Harbo Frederiksenemail@example.com||Institut for Marketing & Management, Institut for Teknologi og Innovation (øvrige forskere tilknyttet C*12M), Center for Integrerende Innovationsledelse|
Aim and purpose
The course begins with a review of the technology concept and technology evolution.
- The course is then divided into two streams: technology development and technology implementation.
- The first stream is concerned with how companies capitalise on emerging technologies and technology trends, build technology roadmaps and core competencies, and implement technology strategy.
- The second stream is concerned with how companies identify and leverage external technological opportunities for implementation in the company.
- Technology strategy helps with making choices when trade-offs cannot be avoided, such as in open or closed innovation, make-or-buy, keep-or-sell, or make-or-ally.
Description of outcome - Knowledge
Upon completion of the course, students have acquired knowledge about and insights into:
- The concept of technology and technology strategy and management
- Internal technology development and external technology acquisition
- The differences between technology development and external technology acquisition with respect to management and decision- making
- Technology strategy making in the context of evolving markets, products, and services
Description of outcome - Skills
The course will provide students with skills to be able to:
- Draw up and discuss technology investment and assessment based on specific simulation and case studies
- Outline and assess technology strategies based on insights into technology readiness and technology portfolios
Description of outcome - Competences
The course will provide students with competencies to:
- Develop the foundation for investment and research and development decisions based on empirical insights
- Make recommendations for future technology development and acquisition decisions and strategies
- Develop plans for implementation of the strategies in concrete cases
These are examples of literature. The final literature will be announced on Itslearning during December the latest:
- Schilling, M. (2023; 7th edition). Strategic Management of Technological Innovation, New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Back Bay Battery Simulation, Harvard Business Publishing Education.
Participation in re-examination requires participation in the ordinary exam in the same examination period. Hence, non-participation in the ordinary exam excludes from access to the re-examination.
First-coming access to examination will be the following ordinary examination period
Form of examination
During the semester, students will be paired up to prepare case work.
Individual take home (case) exam: 60 minutes (online).
|Spring 2023||Mandatory||Master of Management of Technology||Master of Management of Technology - 2022 | Master of Management of Technology | Odense|