Responsible study board
Date of Approval
|Jens Fyhn Lykke Sørensenemail@example.com||Center for Landdistriktsforskning, Institut for Sociologi, Miljø- og Erhvervsøkonomi, The Sociology Research Group|
Aim and purpose
- Descriptive statistics: mean variance, mode, median, frequency, quintile, histogram, etc.
- Probability: ules for calculation, dependent, independent, permutation, combinations etc.
- Discrete and continuous distributions, binominal, normal etc.
- Sampling: the distribution of the mean etc.
- Hypothesis testing: sample means and cross tabulation.
- Regression and variance analysis.
Description of outcome - Knowledge
- differentiate between descriptive statistics and inferential statistics.
- demonstrate knowledge of probabilistic calculations with discrete and continuous probability distributions.
- demonstrate knowledge of hypothesis testing.
Description of outcome - Skills
- describe relevant parts of a data set with relevant descriptive statistics.
- perform probabilistic calculations with discrete and continues probability distributions.
Description of outcome - Competences
- select and conduct relevant statistical tests on a given dataset, and interpret the results.
Students are expected to have read Bøye (2010) before attending the course.
Independent studies supplemented by four days of training for examination.
IT is used as an integral part of the teaching, based on the Excel spreadsheet.
5 x 4 hours in one week in August, Specific dates please see below External comment.
The course amounts to 5 ECTS. 1 ECTS equals 27 student working hours. The course will be estimated to require an effort of 135 hours distributed as follows:
The student will automatically be enrolled for exam in August right after the time of the scheduled classes. See External comment.
It will not be possible to unregister from the exam. If the student does not participate in the exam, it will cost an examination attempt. There are two exam attempts: Ordinary exam and the reexam in the same month.
If the ordinary exam is failed, the student will automatically be enrolled for the reexamination later in August. See External comment.
The time of reexamination will be announced later, and the exact date will be informed after the ordinary exam.
If the course is taken as a supplementary course after admission to the master's programme (Cand.merc., Cultural Sociology e.g.): There are two exam attempts: Ordinary exam and the reexam in the same month.
If the course is taken as an elective on a bachelor programme:
Registration for the course is automatically a registration for the ordinary examination in the course. Cancellation is not possible. If the student does not participate in the examination, the student will use an examination attempt.
Form of examination
All examination aids permitted.
It is not allowed to communicate with others.
Notice: During the exam Exam Moniter must be activated.
NOTE - This course is identical with the former course 8276301 Statistical tools.
|Spring 2021||Optional||BSc Market and Management Anthropology - Year 2018||BSc in Market and Management Anthropology | Bachelor of Science in Market and Management Anthropology | Odense|
|Spring 2021||Mandatory||Supplering - alle byer / E19 - F20 - E20 - F21 - E21 - F22||MSc in Economics and Business Administration | Master of Science (Msc) in Economics and Business Administration | Esbjerg, Odense, Kolding|
|Spring 2021||Mandatory||Supplering Cultural Sociology||MSc in Cultural Sociology | Master of Science (MSc) in Cultural Sociology | Esbjerg|
|Jens Fyhn Lykke Sørensenfirstname.lastname@example.org||Center for Landdistriktsforskning, Institut for Sociologi, Miljø- og Erhvervsøkonomi, The Sociology Research Group||Esbjerg|
URL for MySchedule
|08 - 09|
|09 - 10|
|10 - 11|
|11 - 12|
|12 - 13|
|13 - 14|
|14 - 15|
|15 - 16|