IABB505: Individual study activity in Biology
Fill in and submit: Supervisor contract for students with a major from the Faculty of Science
Fill in and submit: Supervisor contract for students with a minor from the faculty of science and majored from another faculty
Be aware that it is not possible to fill in the form after deadline of submission, since the application system will shut down. The system will reopen in connection with the next course registration, then you can fill out the form for the next semester.
Students taking the course are expected to have knowledge of the basic principles of scientific argumentation and development of theories in biology, and to have the fundamental biological knowledge that is necessary to access the chosen topic.
- Provide competences to identify own learning needs and structure personal learning.
- Provide skills in conducting experimental investigations, critically evaluate biological theories, and express, evaluate and solve biological problems.
- Provide knowledge and understanding of scientific theories, experimental methods, and current research topics in biology, and how these are employed in biological discussions.
Expected learning outcome
- Create an overview of scientific principles and methods in the field of the topic chosen
- Analyse and evaluate own scientific results in the perspective of previous research within the area
- Suggest directions for future research
- Express oneself in scientific terms
Exam element a)
Indicative number of lessons
|08 - 09|
|09 - 10|
|10 - 11|
|11 - 12|
|12 - 13|
|13 - 14|
|14 - 15|
|15 - 16|