Bachelor's thesis in biology
Submission is conducted electronically via https://blanket.sam.sdu.dk/form/101/submit. Submission must take place no later than 1 week after the semester has started, but it is recommended, that it is handed in as soon as possible. The contract must be approved by supervisor, study committee and the head of studies.
Please note: If the project is carried out in a group, only one joint contract is to be handed in, stating the names of all group members.
Be aware that it is not possible to fill in the form after deadline of submission, since the application system will shut down. The system will reopen in connection with the next course registration, then you can fill out the form for the next semester.
The bachelor's project must contain an abstract of the contents of the report, cf. "Eksamensbekendtgørelsen" (statutory order of examinations) section 24, subsection 2. If the report is written in Danish, the abstract must be in English. If the report is written in English, the abstract must be in Danish.
Read more about guidelines for bachelor project in biology (only in Danish)..
04015601 (former UVA) is identical with this course description.
Expected learning outcome
- Identify and formulate biological issues and plan the gathering of experimental and/or theoretical knowledge for their solution,
- analyse and apply the obtained research-based knowledge,
- explain the scientific theories and models applied,
- evaluate and generalise own results based on existing knowledge
- structure and manage the implementation of a biological project, and generate results that match the time invested.
- The independent delimitation, solution, and discussion of a biological issue.
- Supplemental studies within one or more fields of science relevant to the solution of the project.
Exam element a)
Deadline - ordinary exam
Deadline for bachelor's projects in the spring semester is 1 June.
Deadline for bachelor's projects in the autumn semester is 1 January.
Deadline for handing in projects in the reexam period for summer examination is 31 august.
Indicative number of lessons
|08 - 09|
|09 - 10|
|10 - 11|
|11 - 12|
|12 - 13|
|13 - 14|
|14 - 15|
|15 - 16|