Project Management (Summer School)
Internal Course Code
Responsible study board
Date of Approval
|Carsten Dittrichfirstname.lastname@example.org||SDU Global Sustainable Production|
|Kim Lundblad Priceemail@example.com||TEK Uddannelse|
|Jeppe Foshammerfirstname.lastname@example.org||SDU Global Sustainable Production|
|Miguel Malek Maaloufemail@example.com||SDU Global Sustainable Production|
Overall learning objectives
By the end of the course the student should be able to:
- formulate the project purpose and objectives
- structure the project in main course and effort areas
- work out a milestone plan
- conduct a stakeholder analysis
- conduct an uncertainty/risk analysis
- work out detail plans for the project
- plan the financial issues of the project
- establish procedures for following-up on the project progress (including performed work, time schedule, and budget)
- work out a quality assurance plan for the project
- make suggestions for the organizing of the project
Learning objectives - Knowledge
- Identify and implement the four aspects of a project: The technical, the organizational, the business and the political aspects
- Work in group and formulate all four aspects of the projects
Learning objectives - Skills
- Assess the basis organization and a project organization in a company
- Analyze a project and its elements
- Make the main plan of a project
- Do detail planning and follow-up in Gantt, Network and PMS
- Do the budgeting and follow up as a part of project management
- Do project risk management
- Do successive calculation of the budget and schedule
Learning objectives - Competences
- Do planning and description of a project
- Behave and act as a project manager
- Behave and act as a team player
URL for Skemaplan
OdenseShow full time table
Teaching will be through lectures, tutorials, and hands-on learning.
Time of classes
2 weeks in August
Number of lessons
Examination is held
The student must attendance minimum 80% of the classes.
During the course there will a large case work. There will be formation of groups of students in the class and each group identify a project idea. The case work will be based on the project idea of each group and should be documented in a report and handed in on time, according to the lecture plan. It must be clear which student has written which part of the report.Evaluation:
Final evaluation is based on the written report.
Form of examination
Additional exam information
Enrollment is limited to 60 students.
If more applicants than places, applicants who meet the mandatory requirements are prioritised according to the below selection criteria:
- Undergraduate and graduate students from partner universities (exchange); international undergraduate and graduate guest students (fee-paying); undergraduate and graduate students from other Danish universities.
- Ph.D students from partner universities and other international Ph.D. students; other applicants.
Note: Students are prioritised on a first-come-first-served basis i.e. according to the time we receive your complete application. In case a course is filled up, we will try to offer you an alternative course from your list of priorities. All final decisions about admission will be sent out continually.